Oak barrels are one of the biggest investments a winery will
Extending their life means big savings, amounting to thousands of dollars per year.
Sanitising wine barrels, with Nature's remarkable cleaner-
pressurised, high temperature steam vapour releases all
contaminants- including tartare, tannins and scaling- from the
barrel. The barrels become rehydrated, and lose any leftover old
This is the optimum way to restore oak wine barrels and prolong their life.
Take a look at our range of specialist barrel handling equipment which would be an integral part of an optimised barrel cleaning system, configured to your winery and barrel throughput.
There's a steamer for every application, from small wineries to large operations.
The whole process revitalizes the
wood barrels while being safe on the char of the oak. It's natural and kind to the environment. And remember- that means it looks after the environment where you grow your grapes.
Expect to use around 90% less water- so it's saving you money too!
5 Reasons to use Tecnovap
- Our system uses less water by 90%;
- Our steam performs 4 jobs in one action;
- The steam kills Brettanomyces;
- Natural process without chemicals;
- Save labour time and cost.
Best Cleaning Machines
We offer a wide range of industrial steam cleaning machines
for disinfecting wine barrels.
We suppply specific machines for small wineries, through to large operations.
See our most popular steam cleaning products.
Advantages of using Tecnovap
- Removal of Brettanomyces from the wood fibers;
- Complete releasing of scale from the barrel's walls;
- Detartrating and disinfection of the barrel with only one operation.